That is off tha hook! No, actually, it still is on the hook...

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Heading to Paris

Not really, guys. It's my metaphor for almost being done with my KAL/CAL project. Not that I've been blogging much about it, or contacting my team leader. I'm new to the K/C AL scene, after all. Not to mention socially challenged.

But I've been steadily working away at the Arrows stole on evenings and mornings this week. I've been on vacation from work, so have had the fortune of getting to watch a.m. coverage of the Tour this final week. Phil and Paul from my Versus coverage have kept me in the race; "dancing on the pedals" and "avoiding the road furniture" describe my pace. Bobke might say I was "a strong, consistent rider with enormous potential." ha!

I finished the main body of the stole during stage 17, the punishing and grueling rise to L'Alpe-d'Huez. Like my 'team', AG2R, I'm just plugging away quietly at the course. I was surprised to see that they are in 2nd place as a team. They are hardly mentioned on any given day, but continue to work a solid race. I see why they are the winners of many other (not so famous) races. I just checked: two of their riders are in the top 10 standings of this tour. And no one noticed.

Here's my Russian fave: Vladimir Efimkin



Now I'm fiddling with the border. I wasn't sure I would even do the border on the long sides of the piece, since I really loathe picots, and this amounts to a whole lot of picots. I even looked up alternative borders to try, but nothing seemed right for this piece. Why mess with the pattern? I've already possibly butchered it by adding the beads...I truly hope the designer is not displeased with my choice. I love her work, and I certainly want to do this stole justice.

So, by my calculations, I should have the last side of border done tonight. Tomorrow morning at the latest. But it has to be by then, as we head to the beach for the day, and lace is not something not easily hooked with a brisk offshore breeze. Blocking should be taking place concurrent with the time trial...a complete contradiction. They'll be racing the clock, and I'll be waiting for moisture to dry.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Hi
Did you get the smell out of your bag? What have you tried?
How is your Tour de France KAL project coming along? Will you have a final post about it? If so, I could write about it on the TdeFKAL blog.
Your team leader
Shirley

Powered By Blogger

Hyper Death Babies

Hyper Death Babies

watching you watching me